Qr code to add points to system

Andrew Barker

Sep 23, 2013, 6:44:16 PM9/23/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I am trying to implement a qr system that when scans
it adds points to a users profile in the application.
Have looked at a few methods of doing this.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Lachezar Dobrev

Sep 24, 2013, 8:41:50 AM9/24/13
to Andrew Barker, zxing
Encode an URL to your site/system with unique pseudo-random 'point id'.

http://my.system.com/points/0123456789ABCDEF

Opening the URL should add a point to the user's profile
(authentication is not part of the URL!), unless the point has already
been scanned by that user.

Stefan Krüger

Sep 24, 2013, 4:14:55 PM9/24/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
have you some more infos about your system / environment?
do you want to scan with an smartphone / mobile device?
--> do you want to have a nativ app or a webside based system?
are the devices that the user has got fixed to the user?
are the devices fix to the system or is it a device the user brings in?
i love to give the creativ part a spin ;-)
there are so much ways to do this..

my favorit would be a webbased system - so it can work on much as possible diffenrent kind of devices -
to scan from a webside you can use the 'intend' system - there are some infos about this here in the group:
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/zxing/dQ4_wKjut1M/discussion

sunny greetings
stefan