When using tryHarder, result points are always displayed in one direction only.

Patrick

Jul 17, 2012, 5:23:54 AM7/17/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I'm using zxing library with tryHarder = YES, in order to scan barcodes in any orientation (horizontal, vertical).

I've also implemented the resultPointCallback to get the coordinates of the result points (the clues before the barcode has been scanned) in order to display them on the screen.

However they always displayed in one direction. If the barcode is rotated, they are not anymore aligned (they are probably displayed in the original direction).

How can I know from zxing if the library is rotating the image in order to scan the barcode ? So I can flip x and y of the result clues ?

Thanks

Sean Owen

Jul 17, 2012, 6:11:02 AM7/17/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, it could be a bug. Even when the barcode is found backwards, it should translate the result points to be relative to the original image. Can you have a look with the debugger and see where the result points come from, whether it happens when the result is coming back when rotated, and whether it seems to be un-rotating correctly or not? If you have a more specific lead I can look.