Re: Is there a new version planned in the near future?

Sean Owen

Apr 23, 2013, 6:59:20 AM4/23/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com

Sean Owen

Apr 23, 2013, 8:51:10 AM4/23/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Part of this is just historical -- the most active development is in Java, and so Java is the 'master'. But I don't agree that a C++ implementation is more important. On the contrary, the iPhone is the only place where C++ barcode decoding probably matters now. Java works in Android and web apps, both of which are larger than the iPhone. Vote with your effort though, if you want more stuff written or ported to C++, make a patch.

Steven Parkes

Apr 23, 2013, 9:37:02 AM4/23/13
to Aparna C K, zx...@googlegroups.com
There is a new release coming up. Please use the code in the svn trunk to preview it and test it. Codabar and PDF417 support should be equivalent to the Java code in the current trunk and upcoming release.

On Apr 23, 2013, at 3:52 AM, Aparna C K <apar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I downloaded zxing version 2.1, created a C++ static library for PC and used it. All in Windows 7 Operating system. I figured out that there are a few differences between java version and C++, eg: codabar and PDF 417 are not supported in c++. Then I got a doubt that their performance also might be different. Java version may be more robust. Our application needs PC setup in C++, hence I cant use the java code directly.
> Is there a plan to release updated C++ source? Or, is the svn version more upto date? How can I check it out?Could anyone please give the repository name?
> Aparna
>
> --
>
> ---

Aparna C K

Apr 24, 2013, 4:39:16 AM4/24/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com, Aparna C K
Thanks Steven. Could anyone please give me the path to svn repository?
Regards
Aparna

Sean Owen

Apr 24, 2013, 5:52:09 AM4/24/13
to zx...@googlegroups.com, Aparna C K
Is this not clear from the Google Code site?

Aparna C K

Apr 25, 2013, 4:38:51 AM4/25/13
to Sean Owen, zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi
I am getting the following error while trying to checkout:
Checkout from https://code.google.com/p/zxing/source/browse/trunk, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included
Unable to connect to a repository at URL
 connect to server (https://code.google.com)

Regards
Aparna

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is this not clear from the Google Code site?

--
Be good, Do good.
Aparna

Sean Owen