Automated testing of the android app

AndroidZen

Sep 5, 2012, 6:02:01 AM9/5/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I would like to know how automated testing is done for the android part of the app. For my project I had to modify the camera module and capture activity related parts of the Android code base. I would like to know if there is any set up where I can do automated testing of the android app. I am not sure about this as the app requires input from camera, auto-focus etc. and I would like the testing to cover the entire code. Please let me know if there are any set ups available and also how the Zxing developers are testing the android part of the code?

Thanks

Sean Owen

Sep 5, 2012, 8:45:43 AM9/5/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
There aren't any testing for the Android app itself, but there are tests for core. You can see some support for manual tests in androidtest/ -- just another utility app to trigger actions.