ProductResultInfoRetriever - Which API is used for obtaining product data?

tenfour04

Nov 19, 2012, 4:44:15 PM11/19/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I see that ProductResultInfoRetriever does a Google product search.  Where is the syntax documented for doing a Google product search like this?

I cloned ProductResultInfoRetriever for use in one of my apps about a year ago, and have now started receiving reports that it no longer returns results. Trying to debug it.

Thanks!

tenfour04

Nov 19, 2012, 9:13:55 PM11/19/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
I also tried Barcode Scanner 4.3.1 and noticed that it no longer returns product info when you scan a UPC. I think that Google must have changed something in the formatting of what's returned when submitting a product search, so ProductResultInfoRetriever fails to match a pattern.

Sean Owen

Nov 20, 2012, 1:33:57 AM11/20/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
It works fine for me, not sure what you are observing.

But, I should note that you almost certainly don't have permission to use Google's results this way. Barcode Scanner is a bit of a special case since it came from Google. I think you will need to remove this from your app and I will comment the code with a warning.

tenfour04

Nov 20, 2012, 6:09:07 PM11/20/12
to zx...@googlegroups.com
Oh wow, I had no idea. I remember reading way back when I was cloning it that cloning was a suggested way to avoid making users download the Barcode Scanner app.

I'll look for a different source of product data.

Thanks.