Zulip Architecture: Delivery System

Tenzin

May 6, 2017, 7:56:07 AM5/6/17
to zulip-devel
Hi

I am going through documentation of delivery system, I came across this line, if the queue has a waiting client, it breaks the long-poll connection by returning an HTTP response to the waiting client request.

So, what actually the response is returned to the client in this scenario?

Thanks and regards
Tenzin

Tim Abbott

May 9, 2017, 2:54:31 PM5/9/17
to Tenzin, zulip-devel
This is http://zulip.readthedocs.io/en/latest/events-system.html ?

It's easy to look at the response in the Chrome Developer Tools network tab while using Zulip; just look at any `/events` request other than the last one.