Quartely developments

Jochen Stärk

Mar 22, 2024, 12:40:44 PMMar 22
to zug...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Highlight is of course today's decision of the german Federal Council (Bundesrat), who has passed the law on statutory domestic B2B e-invoicing which will ban paper and PDF invoices without Factur-X between german companies as of 2028. Background

We took this as an occasion to relaunch the (inofficial) https://ZUGFeRD.org/ page, which still lists open source tools but now also features a navigation and has a (english) FAQ you can contribute to.

And on a note besides: Earlier this month the European Court of Justice decided, that European Norms need to be made available free of charge as long as they were created to accompany public legal acts ("Malamud" case).

This might not affect PDF/A (ISO-19005) but maybe it will affect CEN EN16931-3, -4 and -5. ZUGFeRD's founder Stefan Engel-Flechsig fought hard and successful to have EN16931-1 (the calculation rules) and EN16931-2 (eligible syntaxes) free of charge already years ago. After this ruling, CEN will have to publish how it's planning on implementing this decision within 30 days. Lets see if EN16931-3 (mappings CII) -4 (mappings UBL) and/or -5 (CIUS) may become free of charge as well.

I don't think I will write anything on this list in the course of next week so have a happy easter everyone!

kind regards

Jochen

--

mit freundlichen Grüßen