LibreOffice Extension to generate ZUGFeRD 2.0 invoices

Alexis de Lattre

Dec 31, 2019, 6:32:52 AM12/31/19
to zug...@googlegroups.com
Hi !

I published two days ago a LibreOffice extension to generate ZUGFeRD 2.0 / Factur-X 1.0 invoices with LibreOffice Calc. The aim is to allow small companies that generate their invoices in a simple spreadsheet to generate ZUGFeRD/Factur-X invoices. I publish this extension a few days before an important deadline in France : starting January 1st 2020, all companies that invoice the French public sector will have to send their invoices through Chorus Pro, the e-invoicing platform of the French administration.

This LibreOffice extension is opensource and works under Windows, Mac and Linux. I designed it to be very easy to install and very easy to use.

Installation and usage instructions in English : https://github.com/akretion/factur-x-libreoffice-extension

Video tutorial in English : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldD-1W8yIv0 (12 minutes)

If you already have an ERP/accounting software that support ZUGFeRD/Factur-X, this LibreOffice extension is not for you... but you probably have a small supplier that generate their invoices in a spreadsheet. If yes, tell him to use this LibreOffice extension and you will save time when receiving invoices from this supplier ! :)

This tool is available in English and French ; I'm looking for contributors to translate it in German. There are 2 things to translate :
- the tool itself ; the POT file is available here : https://github.com/akretion/factur-x-libreoffice-extension/tree/master/extension/package/i18n  (only 21 strings to translate)
- have an invoice sample in German similar to the English invoice sample "factur-X_english_invoice_sample.ods" available on https://github.com/akretion/factur-x-libreoffice-extension

I'd be glad to have your feedback on this tool.

I wish you all a happy new year 2020 ! I hope that 2020 will be a great year for the development of our beloved ZUGFeRD/Factur-X standard !

--
Alexis de Lattre
Akretion France - 27 rue Henri Rolland - 69100 Villeurbanne - France

Jochen Stärk

Dec 31, 2019, 12:09:26 PM12/31/19
to ZUGFeRD
Very cool indeed! Thanks for posting.
And a happy new year.

Alexis de Lattre

Jan 8, 2020, 4:00:07 PM1/8/20
to zug...@googlegroups.com
Dear ZUGFeRD community,

Le mar. 31 déc. 2019 à 12:32, Alexis de Lattre <alexis....@akretion.com> a écrit :
I published two days ago a LibreOffice extension to generate ZUGFeRD 2.0 / Factur-X 1.0 invoices with LibreOffice Calc. The aim is to allow small companies that generate their invoices in a simple spreadsheet to generate ZUGFeRD/Factur-X invoices.
[...]
This tool is available in English and French ; I'm looking for contributors to translate it in German. There are 2 things to translate :
- the tool itself ; the POT file is available here : https://github.com/akretion/factur-x-libreoffice-extension/tree/master/extension/package/i18n  (only 21 strings to translate)
- have an invoice sample in German similar to the English invoice sample "factur-X_english_invoice_sample.ods" available on https://github.com/akretion/factur-x-libreoffice-extension

I published today a new version (0.21) of my LibreOffice extension for Factur-X/ZUGFerd 2.0.
Thanks to Jochen Staerk, this new release is now fully translated to German and a sample invoice in German is available (https://github.com/akretion/factur-x-libreoffice-extension/blob/master/factur-X_german_invoice_sample.ods)

Since the initial release at the end of December 2019, I made 6 releases, most of them to take into account the feedback I received from French users following the announce on LinuxFR (https://linuxfr.org/news/extension-libreoffice-pour-generer-des-factures-factur-x). These releases include several bug fixes and several new features such as the ability to add additional attachments, the auto-open of the PDF after generation, etc.

Don't hesitate to give me some feedback about this LibreOffice extension.

Regards,

--
Alexis de Lattre