--join option is deprecated

Brandon Page

Dec 10, 2014, 2:20:39 PM12/10/14
to zucchini...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I am attempting to run Zucchini on the CoreDataBooks test application but get the following output/error:

The --join option is deprecated and will be removed in a future version.

replace...

    $ coffee --compile --join bundle.js -- a.coffee b.coffee c.coffee

with...

   $ cat a.coffee b.coffee c.coffee | coffee --compile --stdio > bundle.js

1..1

ok 1 - add_book

   1..0

TAP report generated to /tmp/zucchini.t

HTML report generated to /tmp/zucchini_report.html

The report contains nothing.  Seems as though things aren't being compiled, but I have no idea what I need to do.  Using the newest Xcode and Command line tools from 12/2/14 and I have tried downgrading Xcode to no avail.  I am trying to run against the simulator.  Any help appreciated.

Tom Harada

Dec 15, 2014, 3:47:55 PM12/15/14
to zucchini...@googlegroups.com
I had similar issues. I did two things to make it work.

* Use a more recent Zucchini: https://github.com/zucchini-src/zucchini (one way to install is to clone the repo and then gem build zucchini-ios.gemspec / gem install zucchini-ios-0.7.4.gem )
* (May be unrelated: follow the guide there for correctly setting which simulator you want to use, using 'instruments -w sda')

Cheers,
Tom
Message has been deleted

Brandon Page

Dec 16, 2014, 6:18:31 PM12/16/14
to zucchini...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!  For whatever reason building the gem myself fixed the problem.