New Site

Seann Aswell

Mar 21, 2022, 6:36:41 PM3/21/22
to Zotonic users
Somehow I ran across test.zotonic.com, and looked around a bit. It looks good, a big improvement in terms of usability.

Is the plan to roll it out in conjunction with the 1.0 release?

Marc Worrell

Mar 22, 2022, 11:27:57 AM3/22/22
to 'Marc Worrell' via Zotonic users
Hi Seann,

Indeed, that is the site that will go love together with the 1.0.

We need to add some essential content to it, copying it from the currrent site.
The new site has all the documentation and more in the CMS.

The reference documentation and release notes are synced from the git repo.
The other documentation will be maintained on the zotonic site, as that gives us easier handling of media and new pages/content.

The templates/css we are using for this site is also the basis for the zotonic_example repo.

Cheers,

Marc

--

---

Seann Aswell

Mar 24, 2022, 1:23:37 AM3/24/22
to Zotonic users
Good to know. Are the zotonic_example templates/css going to replace, or supplement, the existing blog layout available with the addsite command?

Marc Worrell

Mar 24, 2022, 4:19:01 AM3/24/22
to zotoni...@googlegroups.com
The blog skeleton is a separate example.

Might be an idea to also have the example site as a skeleton.

Something to think about.
It is probably best cloned directly from GitHub.
But after cloning it will need renaming the main module (and possible other Erlang modules).

Cheers, Marc