Sending email with different domains

7 vues

Alvaro Pagliari

non lue,
3 oct. 2019, 13:01:4203/10/2019
à Zotonic users
Hello!

I have an EC2 instance with 2 sites running each with a different domain. I need to send email from both sites, each with it's own domain and account. Is this possible on Zotonic 0.x ?
Or should I enable the relay option and "tunnel" all mail through it?

Thanks!

--
Álvaro Pagliari

Marc Worrell

non lue,
4 oct. 2019, 07:34:1104/10/2019
à 'Marc Worrell' via Zotonic users
Hi Alvaro,

No problem with multiple sites sending/receiving email on a single beam.

We use the site’s domain name for sending the email (unless configured differently).

For incoming email the recipient domain is used to direct the email to the correct site.

Cheers,

Marc

--

---

Alvaro Pagliari

non lue,
4 oct. 2019, 07:40:2804/10/2019
à Zotonic users
Hi Marc,

I'm able to send emails from both sites using a relay.

The mail from the second domain arrives with the right "from" address but gmail shows the domain of the other site too.

I've attached an image to better explain.  Should it be considered a problem?

Screenshot_20191004_083703.png

Cheers,

--
Álvaro Gianni Pagliari
alvaropag [at] gmail [dot] com

Marc Worrell

non lue,
4 oct. 2019, 08:23:3004/10/2019
à 'Marc Worrell' via Zotonic users
You can just use the internal SMTP server, no problems.

Weird, that Google display, can you copy the full email headers?
Somewhere that other domain must be mentioned…

- M

On 4 Oct 2019, at 13:40, Alvaro Pagliari <alva...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Marc,

I'm able to send emails from both sites using a relay.

The mail from the second domain arrives with the right "from" address but gmail shows the domain of the other site too.

I've attached an image to better explain.  Should it be considered a problem?

Alvaro Pagliari

non lue,
4 oct. 2019, 08:25:2804/10/2019
à Zotonic users
I'll send to you the full mail on private.

Thanks!

--
Álvaro Gianni Pagliari
alvaropag [at] gmail [dot] com