Setting title in zotonic_site.config not working

Allan Streib

Mar 6, 2020, 5:54:01 PM3/6/20
to Zotonic users
Looking at Zotonic again after a few years. This is probably something simple... new installation, using latest zotonic master from github (as of yesterday).

Created a site using the blog skeleton, and despite setting the title in apps_user/<site>/priv/zotonic_site.config, the header still shows the default "Your Zotonic Site" title, I did restart the site after saving the change.

Allan

Allan Streib

Mar 6, 2020, 7:09:53 PM3/6/20
to Zotonic users
Actually it does work, if I completely stop and then run bin/zotonic again. It does not pick up the changes with a z_sites_manager:restart in the shell.

Verified after restart that application:get_all_env(testsite) does not list the updated title.

Looking at the code I can see in z_site_startup:do_startup that it's installing the modules listed in the site config but does not seem to reload the other config values. Should it?

Allan

Marc Worrell

Mar 7, 2020, 2:05:33 AM3/7/20
to zotoni...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alan,

Thank you for your report and looking into it.
The config should indeed be reloaded on site restarts, so this is a problem in that code.

Could you file an issue on GitHub?
Then we will have a look at it coming week.

Thanks and let us know of any other problems.
We are in the phase that we are stabilizing the code and fixing omissions like the one you just found.

Cheers, Marc

Sent from my iPad

On 7 Mar 2020, at 01:09, Allan Streib <str...@cs.indiana.edu> wrote:

--