Supported OTP versions

Marc Worrell

Jun 26, 2020, 3:09:18 AM6/26/20
to 'Marc Worrell' via Zotonic users, 'Marc Worrell' via Zotonic developers
Hi,

With the advent of OTP-23 there are some changes in the support of NIF functions.
This affected bcrypt, which we use for password encryption.

We have released a new version of bcrypt that works on OTP-23.
The new version is using APIs that are available since OTP-21.

Consequence is that if we want to support OTP-23 then we have to drop support for OTP-20 and older.

The proposal right now, is to indeed drop support on master for OTP20 and older.
Only OTP-21 and newer will then be supported.

I am curious which OTP versions are used right now and if this decision will badly affect anyone.
Or that, which I suspect, most are already using OTP-21 and newer.

Cheers,

Marc

Marc Worrell

Jun 27, 2020, 10:32:13 AM6/27/20
to via Zotonic users, zotonic-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Tomorrow we will merge the fixes for OTP23 into master.

This will remove support for OTP20 and earlier form the master (1.0-dev) version.

The 0.x version will stay compatible with OTP18 through OTP22.

Cheers,

Marc

Sent from my iPhone