Zotero Trainer Workshops this Summer (and ODF-scan)

Sebastian Karcher

May 13, 2013, 4:36:51 PM5/13/13
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I wanted to let you know that I'll be conducting another series of Zotero Trainer workshops this summer
http://www.zotero.org/blog/summer-zotero-workshops/
-----
  • June 13-14: Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, MA
  • June 20-21: AWHONN Offices, Washington DC
  • July 11-12: Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
  • July 25-26: University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN

During these intensive (and fun!) two day events, participants acquire an in-depth understanding of Zotero’s capabilities, how to extend those capabilities, and how Zotero can best meet their users’ needs. Participants also learn and share best-practices for teaching and supporting Zotero at their institution and approaches for developing institution-specific documentation.

The workshops are targeted at librarians and anyone else who supports or wants to support Zotero at their institution or department. While basic familiarity with Zotero is recommended, there are no technical prerequisites for participating.

The cost to attend the workshops is $350. Due to the hands-on nature of the events, enrollment is limited. Sign up while there is still space!

Register here: http://www.zotero.org/zotero/workshopregistration

----

Let me know if you have any questions and please pass this information on to anyone who might be interested.

I'd also take the opportunity to announce that Frank Bennett and I have developed a Zotero plugin that allows users to properly cite in  google docs, Scrivener and any other tool that supports Open Document Format (.odt).  The plugin is here:

http://zotero-odf-scan.github.io/zotero-odf-scan/

and extend write-up is on my blog  http://zoteromusings.wordpress.com/2013/05/06/announcing-rtfodf-scan-for-zotero/

Best,

Sebastian