Zotero News

Sebastian Karcher

Dec 29, 2012, 12:28:40 PM12/29/12
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I hope you have had a great year - it's certainly been a great year for Zotero and I wanted to update you on some of the new features and developments that you may have missed.
In no particular order:

1. Zotero storage quotas have been increased and storage is now cheaper: Users now get up to 300MB of free file storage and the 20$/year quota has been increased to 2GB:
http://www.zotero.org/support/storage#zotero_file_storage
2. Zotero now has a bookmarklet - it allows the well known one-click import into Zotero from any browser - including not just internet explorer, but also most mobile browsers:
http://www.zotero.org/downloadbookmarklet
The bookmarklet saves items right into your account on zotero.org - so it's ideally suited for mobile devices. While the bookmarklet is quite good, it is not as reliable as the connectors for Chrome and Safari or Zotero for Firefox, so users on those browsers should continue using those.
3. zoter.org mobile: zotero.org now has a mobile version, that allows for comfortable editing and display of your library on mobile devices without any app (there are also the 3rd party apps ZotPad for iOS and Zandy for Android)
4. Export and cite from library at zotero.org - users can now export from online libraries at zotero.org - in many citation styles and all export formats supported by Zotero. This may be particularly useful to share items/date with non-Zotero users
5. Zotero now imports from and exports to RefWork's tagged data format - ideal for moving users from Refworks. As a reminder - you can see a full list of translators with daily automated test results here: http://zotero-translator-tests.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/ note that some translators (e.g. library catalogs) work on multiple sites.

Those are just the most recent changes - you can see a comprehensive list of changes in Zotero 3.0 - i.e. since the beginning of 2012 - here: http://www.zotero.org/support/3.0_changelog

I hope you all have a great 2013 - I'll try to send updates like this a couple of times a year. Do tell other people teaching/supporting/promoting Zotero to join this listserv.

All the best,
Sebastian Karcher

Frédéric Clavert

Jan 8, 2013, 12:00:05 PM1/8/13
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sebastian,

well, I wish a happy new year to the members of zotero-evangelists.

I used the content of your e-mail to publish a post on new 2012 zotero functionalities on the Blog zotero francophone.
The post will be published in a couple of hours.

Best,
Frédéric Clavert

2012/12/29 Sebastian Karcher <kar...@u.northwestern.edu>

Docteur en histoire contemporaine

David Mackinder

Dec 29, 2012, 2:12:21 PM12/29/12
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
many thanks for this; it is very helpful -- season's greetings and
best wishes to you!