Interest in advanced Zotero workshops, Chicago area

Avram Lyon

Mar 3, 2011, 12:56:47 AM3/3/11
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Zotero evangelists,

I'm a volunteer translator developer, primary reviewer for submitted
translators, and one of the people who has been working on the new
multilingual functionality in Zotero
(http://gsl-nagoya-u.net/http/pub/zotero-multilingual-overview.html).
I'm looking at being in Chicago approximately April 8-16, and I'd be
interested in running advanced Zotero workshops at libraries,
colleges, and universities in the Chicago area, for interested users,
evangelists, librarians, and various technologists. In particular, I
would be happy to run sessions on site translator development, making
websites interface cleanly with Zotero (my core areas), or on the new
multilingual functionality and how to integrate it into scholarly
workflows (and make libraries' multilingual data accessible to
Zotero), or indeed basic workshops on using Zotero effectively.

If there are any universities in the Chicago area that are interested
in running such sessions, please let me know soon, so I can work out a
schedule. Since I'm coming in from Russia for the week (in part for
other business, of course), I would appreciate any small travel
allowances that budgets might allow, but I am mainly interested in
supporting advanced users as they learn to contribute to the Zotero
project.

I should note that I am not an official Zotero representative, just an
active and interested user and contributor.

Sincerely,

Avram Lyon
Ph.D. student, Slavic Languages and Literatures, UCLA
M.A., Slavic Literatures (UCLA)

Debbie

Mar 4, 2011, 12:15:47 PM3/4/11
to Zotero Evangelists
Thanks Avram!

This is a wonderful opportunity to get involved with Zotero
development, not to mention get sessions from a talented Zotero
community developer. I urge folks in the Chicagoland area (and a
little around that) to get in touch. Zotero just tweeted out this
form:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dHZQamJQVUY5dW5yb2NTaW5EWVRhU3c6MQ

so interested parties can add their institution and personal contact
details.

Thanks!
Debbie