New Zotero Workshops

Sebastian Karcher

Aug 16, 2012, 12:24:03 PM8/16/12
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Dear Evangelist,
After a long hiatus, Zotero is finally planning to offer another round of "trainers" workshops . These workshops, modeled along the lines of what Trevor Owens offered three years ago, are designed for instructional and electronic librarians and anyone else who supports, wants to support, or wants to learn more about supporting Zotero.
There is a brief description of the workshops here:
www.zotero.org/support/training
and here is a write-up that Trevor did of his workshop at Emory back in 2009:
http://www.trevorowens.org/2009/03/recap-from-first-triannual-zotero-trainers-workshop/
Right now, I'm looking for institutions willing to host such a workshop.
What we would need from you is a room with digital projector and the possibility for participants to access the internet.
In exchange - beyond the fact that you're supporting free and open source alternatives to expensive software, that you won't have to travel and that your institution will be the center of the Zotero universe for two days - we will waive the workshop costs for two participants from your institution.
Obviously, being relatively accessible and in a larger area with a fair amount of potential participants is a plus, but don't worry about that too much: if you're interested in hosting just get in touch with me at kar...@u.northwestern.edu and we will see if we can make something happen.

Please also feel free to forward this message to other people or mailing lists that you think may be interested.

Once we have some dates and locations I'll post again here. There will also be posts on the Zotero blog and on twitter.

All the best,
Sebastian Karcher

Hunter Chadwick

Aug 16, 2012, 1:14:25 PM8/16/12
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
We are willing to host at Fellowship Christian School in Roswell GA which is in metro Atlanta.

Let me know if you are interested in us hosting and I will work it out.

Sent from my iPhone

Mies Martin

Aug 16, 2012, 5:32:29 PM8/16/12
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Sebastian,
This might be obvious but when are these workshops?

Mies Martin

Sent from my iPhone

Sebastian Karcher

Aug 16, 2012, 6:15:56 PM8/16/12
to zotero-ev...@googlegroups.com
Martin and others,

good question: the workshops can be anytime starting mid September.
I'll work with you to find a good time - right now I'd like to mainly
schedule them for the period until the end of the calendar year, but
if you'd like to host one later, do get in touch and we can see how it
fits in.

Also, per a question on twitter - currently this is for North America
only, though if there are interested European libraries I do come to
Germany frequently so we may be able to work something out, too.

Best,
Sebastian
--
------