Multilingual Zotero - NEW BLOG POST

Debbie

Mar 1, 2011, 2:30:04 PM3/1/11
to Zotero Evangelists
Hi All,

Today I blogged on the test phase Multilingual Zotero, a version of
Zotero created by community members that is able to ingest and
organize multilingual metadata. It was created by multilingual
scholars/developers Frank Bennett, Avram Lyon and others. There are
also cool videos and screenshots that illustrate the functionality.
This is great news for multilingual scholars, and will allow those of
you who work in more than one language to organize citation data in
new, more efficient ways. The post can be found here: www.zotero.org/blog

DUPLICATIONS DETECTION
Bundled into Multilingual Zotero (and not yet available with regular
Zotero) is a Duplicates Detection system. This allows you to see which
items are duplicates in your library they can be merged accordingly.

NOT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE YET:
I wanted to bring to your attention that this is a TEST PHASE
software, and so should only be used by those comfortable with test
phase software and setting up a separate Firefox profile, like
developers. If you are just after the Duplication functions (and are
not a multilingual scholar), is not encouraged to download it "over"
your regular Zotero solely for that purpose. Bugs are still being
hashed out by the developers. Please do NOT encourage lay users in
your community to use it in lieu of 2.0.9 in their regular Firefox
profile yet - tell them to stick with stable for their day to day
work. We will keep you posted as things progress with it and of course
let you know when it is bundled in Zotero as an official release.

Here is the best place to get info on it (for now) and to get the
download for testing: http://gsl-nagoya-u.net/http/pub/zotero-multilingual-overview.html
If you are a developer or have questions about making a site "Zotero
multilingual ready" please go to the Zotero dev group.

Thanks for your support!

Debbie