bootstrapped extension: where does the output of console.log end up?

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 28, 2020, 8:02:16 PM8/28/20
to zotero-dev

I'm trying to debug the startup of a bootstrapped extension, and I need to log some output before I can be certain that the Zotero object is safe to grab, hence I can't use Zotero.debug. Can I get the output of console.log statements somehow?

Frank Bennett

Aug 28, 2020, 10:38:16 PM8/28/20
to zotero-dev
I've enabled and used "dump" before in some contexts:

It doesn't supply a newline, so you need to tack on + "\n" to avoid getting a garbled mess in the log.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:02 AM Emiliano Heyns <emilian...@iris-advies.com> wrote:

I'm trying to debug the startup of a bootstrapped extension, and I need to log some output before I can be certain that the Zotero object is safe to grab, hence I can't use Zotero.debug. Can I get the output of console.log statements somehow?

Emiliano Heyns

Aug 29, 2020, 10:57:11 AM8/29/20
to zotero-dev
Thanks, that does the job!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "zotero-dev" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/zotero-dev/CAJgpGgApv_JZ_AGzaWoE47qNGNAS%2B5__nt_bL5c74J6ttVFA6Q%40mail.gmail.com.