Syncing Zotero and Airtable With APIs

Ana Rosa Amorim

Jun 20, 2021, 3:15:14 PM6/20/21
to zotero-dev
Hi, guys!
I’d like to sync my Zotero library with an Airtable base, using an API.
Do you know how I can do that? Is there any freelancer I can hire to that for me?

Emiliano Heyns

Jun 21, 2021, 10:50:18 AM6/21/21
to zotero-dev
one-way or two-way sync?

Ana Rosa Amorim

Jun 21, 2021, 4:11:04 PM6/21/21
to zotero-dev
Hi, Emiliano! One-way sync! Every time a new item is added to my library in Zotero, that item is also included in Airtable.

Jason Ju

Sep 28, 2021, 4:59:32 PM9/28/21
to zotero-dev

Hi Anartam,
I have the same demand for managing my literatures via Airtable, and I also hope to bulid the database in Airtable from  Zotero.
So have you solved the this problem?

Emiliano Heyns

Sep 28, 2021, 5:02:18 PM9/28/21
to zotero-dev
I haven't spent any time on it, no.

Avana Vana

Nov 24, 2021, 5:47:55 AM11/24/21
to zotero-dev
I have built an extensive Airtable to Zotero sync system, which I use for my public Earth Science Online Video Database project (www.esovdb.org and https://www.zotero.org/groups/2764885/esovdb/library).

I have open-sourced the code on GitHub here:  https://github.com/avanavana/airtable-api-proxy
It includes a complete Airtable API proxy cache server, which allows you to query your Airtable like an API, and it additionally has endpoints for Zotero sync, as well as webhook support for posting to Discord and Twitter.  There is sample Airtable script for the Airtable automations in README.md

Let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Avana
Curator, The Earth Science Online Video Database