BBT fails to load in Juris-M beta

Emiliano Heyns

Jul 16, 2020, 5:34:30 AM7/16/20
to zotero-dev
It looks like the Juris-M beta doesn't load overlays somehow. Neither my boot code (overlay of chrome://zotero/content/zoteroPane.xul) nor of my prefs pane (overlay of chrome://zotero/content/preferences/preferences.xul) seem to be loaded.

Emiliano Heyns

Oct 17, 2020, 9:39:05 AM10/17/20
to zotero-dev
BBT is not loading in Juris-M beta again. I declare in my install.rdf that minimum required version is 5.0.90m4, and Juris-M says in the addon screen that "Better BibTeX is incompatible with Zotero 5.0.90m4-beta.1+db629fa16".

Frank Bennett

Oct 17, 2020, 3:09:02 PM10/17/20
to zotero-dev
It installs fine for me on the latest betas. Mac betas are up to date, but the Linux beta releases are running behind. I'll refresh the Linux channel a bit later, so we can see how that works

Frank Bennett

Oct 17, 2020, 6:15:09 PM10/17/20
to zotero-dev
A fresh beta is up for Linux, see if that behaves better.

Emiliano Heyns

Oct 18, 2020, 4:06:36 AM10/18/20
to zotero-dev
My tests run against the linux version, and this indeed solves it.

Frank Bennett

Oct 18, 2020, 5:19:56 AM10/18/20
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I'll try to be better at maintaining that channel--at least by not leaving broken stuff to linger in it. The past couple of months have been rushed, bringing on a bunch of adjustments needed to support legal style work emerging from Europe and Canada. The bug fixes and new features are exciting, but the project has settled down, and things should be auiet for a spell.

Frank

Emiliano Heyns

Oct 18, 2020, 6:06:02 AM10/18/20
to zotero-dev
That's OK -- my test suite regimen is:

* at every commit, test everything except the bulk-export tests on Z and JM release
* at every release commit, test everything on Z and JM release
* every night, test everything on Z release and beta, and on JM release and beta

So the only thing that is influenced by breakage on a beta is the nightlies, and I can easily disable JM beta testing there. The nightlies serve as an early-warning system for me to prep for breakage in the next Z/JM release, and sometimes have the side benefit of finding problems in the beta itself. If the betas for JM are only intermittently relevant, I can just structurally disable them in the nightlies -- maybe breaking changes in the beta are signalled adequately by changes in the Z betas.