meaning of "type" field for tags

Massimiliano Carloni

Jan 24, 2024, 5:20:35 AMJan 24
to zotero-dev
Hello everyone!

I am currently fetching tags from a public library through the Zotero API. I would like to ask what exactly the field "type" (under "meta") means in the response. To give a more concrete example:

I am currently sending this request: https://api.zotero.org/groups/4822236/tags?tag=Statistics
The response (attached at the end) shows two different tags "Statistics", with two different values for the field meta/type (0 and 1) as well as two different numItems (2 and 1). However, their links (both self and alternate) are the same. I haven't found any info on this in the documentation, the Zotero schema or the mailing list.

However, if I view the items that have this tag on the web GUI, I just see a single Statistics tag with two items: http://zotero.org/groups/4822236/tags/Statistics

Does anybody know exactly what this "type" field indicates and what is happening here? Thank you so much in advance!

Best,
Massimiliano

Response

[