itemtype dataset, fields Identifier/Number

Emiliano Heyns

Apr 20, 2023, 1:23:55 AM4/20/23
to zotero-dev
In the new dataset itemtype, what are valid values for the Identifier and number field? Whatever I've tried to enter so far, the fields blank out on blur.

Emiliano Heyns

Apr 20, 2023, 2:04:32 AM4/20/23
to zotero-dev
And what is the difference between Type and Format for a dataset?

Dan Stillman

Apr 20, 2023, 2:26:49 AM4/20/23
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Oh, that's a mistake. Identifier is Number — they're not both supposed
to be there.

We'll fix in the next beta. Thanks.

Emiliano Heyns

Apr 20, 2023, 2:34:02 AM4/20/23
to zotero-dev
Cool. After that, should I expect the Number field to be able to contain arbitrary strings?

Dan Stillman

Apr 20, 2023, 2:34:27 AM4/20/23
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 4/20/23 2:34 AM, Emiliano Heyns wrote:
> Cool. After that, should I expect the Number field to be able to
> contain arbitrary strings?

Yes.

Dan Stillman

Apr 20, 2023, 4:17:28 AM4/20/23
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Fixed now in the latest beta

Emiliano Heyns

Apr 20, 2023, 4:43:30 AM4/20/23
to zotero-dev
Super. But type and format are still distinct fields then? What do they each mean?

Dan Stillman

Apr 20, 2023, 5:49:37 AM4/20/23
to zoter...@googlegroups.com

https://github.com/zotero/zotero-bits/issues/22#issuecomment-1208195158