Re: Debug injected code from the connector

Dan Stillman

Dec 22, 2020, 3:13:06 AM12/22/20
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
On 12/21/20 8:38 AM, Nomis Böller wrote:
> I am quite new to developing in zotero. I have looked at the code, but
> to understand it better I'd like to  debug the code in action. I have
> added the connector as a temporary extension to firefox. I can see all
> the behind logic, background.js etc. But the code injected on every
> page does not appear in the debugger on the specific tab. I have
> reloaded and opened new tabs, but I don't find the injected code.
> Am I doing something wrong?

Where exactly are you looking? You should see a section for all
extensions in the page's devtools Debugger tab, and if the connector is
installed you should see "Zotero Connector" listed there.

You've probably figured this out, but you can also use print debugging
by enabling "Show in Console" in the Advanced pane of the Zotero
Connector preferences and viewing the extension's background page.

Nomis Böller

Dec 23, 2020, 4:58:39 PM12/23/20
to zotero-dev
Hi Dan, yeah thanks I found it. :)