Unable to build Zotero connector from source

James Eapen

Apr 15, 2022, 5:12:56 PM4/15/22
to zotero-dev
I have version 4.999.0 installed, built from source and its working fine.

I just updated my local repo from github. First I had to update the pull url from `git:://` to `https://` since github deprecated that authentication method.
https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/#no-more-unauthenticated-git

Then when I was able to pull the latest with the https protocol, I was able to follow the build instructions and build it. However, there is no `build/browserExt` directory made and the `build/chromium` folder when loaded in chromium gives:

```
File ~/Documents/software/chrom-extensions/zotero-connectors/build/chrome
Error Could not load javascript 'inject/inject.js' for content script.
Could not load manifest.
```

When building I also get:

```
❯ ./build.sh -d
Building connectors..../build.sh: line 284: /usr/local/opt/imagemagick@6/bin/convert: No such file or directory

ImageMagick 6 not installed; not creating monochrome Safari icons
```