Transliteration

Hugh Paterson III

Sep 13, 2022, 4:30:42 PM9/13/22
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
Greetings,

It seems that Transliteration of titles is still a requirement for some reference styles such as APA... it is also required for some legacy work (if typesetting a volume).

I know that Zotero has the ability to perform text changing actions on title (Title Case, etc.) What infrastructure would be needed for Zotero to have the capability to have local transliteration according to LOC provided transliteration files?

- Hugh

Avram Lyon

Sep 13, 2022, 8:54:44 PM9/13/22
to zotero-dev
When I was more engaged in this aspect of my studies, I wrote up a set of utilities that I used for such automatic transliteration of several Cyrillic scripts: https://github.com/avram/translit

It was 12 years ago and it didn't cover anything more than simple substitutions, but I at the time had aimed to incorporate it into my Zotero workflows.

Perhaps it will prove useful to you.

- Avram