TEI export of one large group library via several API requests - validation errors with ID's

Franziska Horn

Feb 3, 2016, 8:52:06 AM2/3/16
to zotero-dev
Hello,

currently, the Zotero group library in our project contains about 1600 items. We use the TEI
translator for a daily export via API request.

The maximum number of results to return with a single request is limited, so it is not possible
for us to export all items via a single request. Therefore we use an xquery script that returns
slices and saves the results in one xml file.

Every item has one attribut xml:id. Within one file, every value for the attribut @xml:id should be
unique. If there are two entries by the author "Brendler" from the year "2005", the entries should
have the following ID's.: xml:id="Brendler2005" and xml:id="Brendler2005a".

The ID generation works correctly for one request that returns the first slice (e.g. 100 items)
but the next request that returns the next slice does not consider the ID's generated for the first slice.
Therefore, our output can contain two entries with two ID's "Brendler2005". That causes validation errors.

In Zotero Standalone it is possible to disable the option "Generate XML IDs". The TEI translator
has a function called genXMLId (item). Is it possible to disable the option "Generate XML IDs"
for API request without changing the general TEI translator?

Best regards
Franziska