Adding key-value metadata to notes?

Krishnan Chandra

Dec 2, 2021, 4:30:05 PM12/2/21
to zotero-dev
Hello,

I'm trying to add notes from an external source to Zotero, syncing these notes as child items of the associated paper in Zotero. I see that notes are allowed to have tags on them, but I'm curious to know if I can add other key-value metadata to notes as well. Some of these notes come from different people, and I'd like to add key-value metadata to the notes like:

Name: XYZ
Role: PI

Tags don't exactly seem like the right solution here, but is there any other way to add metadata to notes?

From the API template, I can see that the note template looks like this:

{ "itemType" : "note", "note" : "", "tags" : [] }

Thanks!