Use Zotero Translation Server without running the server

KadisonM

Dec 13, 2023, 1:38:55 AM12/13/23
to zotero-dev
Hi everyone,

I'm developing a plugin for Obsidian at: https://github.com/kadisonm/obsidian-reference-generator

Currently the plugin takes a link and calls the Citoid API but it is quite slow for what I'm aiming for and I heard it uses an outdated version of the Zotero translation server.

Looking around I found this discussion saying that the server part of the translation server isn't necessary for web translation and can be run from a script. The linked example  posted by dstillman doesn't work though.

Would anyone be able to explain how this can be done or point me to some examples, etc.

Thank you very much.