Suggestions for Zotero Reader API

XY Wong

Apr 7, 2022, 10:57:59 PM4/7/22
to zotero-dev
Hi, I'm the developer of the PDF Translate add-on. Thanks for the developers' excellent work on Zotero 6!

As an add-on developer, I strongly need these APIs:

1. Reader events.
Opening an attachment while holding shift or moving to a new window will not trigger any notify event, like open file, select item, etc.

2. Reader communication with iframe
To access a selected text/add elements to the popup, I used a lot of getElementxxx, which makes the code ugly and hard to maintain. I hope the message between the main window and the iframe window will be wrapped in new APIs.

3. Reader right-sidebar.
I don't know the right way to find the corresponding right-sidebar element. A lot of getElementxxx are used as well.

Thanks again!