Saving translators/reinit translators so drag and drop works

Emiliano Heyns

Feb 17, 2022, 3:31:56 PM2/17/22
to zotero-dev
When I update translators they cannot be used for drag and drop until Zotero is restarted; the error in the log is "Code promise is not resolved in noWait mode". Is there any way I can preload something to prevent the need for a restart? A reinit does not do this.

Emiliano Heyns

Jul 26, 2022, 4:11:28 AM7/26/22
to zotero-dev
This now happens for some users regardless of restart, so for these users the problem is permanent.

Dan Stillman

Nov 1, 2022, 6:12:05 AM11/1/22
to zoter...@googlegroups.com
I think this is fixed in the latest Zotero beta, which will
automatically re-preload the current Quick Copy export translator after
a translator reinit. (Sorry, this was only reproducible in Zotero proper
by resetting translators and then trying to drag in an export format, so
we never got clear reproduction steps.)

Emiliano Heyns

Nov 1, 2022, 7:05:06 AM11/1/22
to zotero-dev
That is a massive relief. This will combine well I think with a recent massive stripping of the BBT translators to make their size more reasonable.