Zoot and browser interaction

Jan Rifkinson

Jun 10, 2024, 3:51:13 PMJun 10
to ZOOTERS
Hi Everyone. Trying to regain my Zoot muscle memory after some time away from this wonderful program. Here's my question:

....so I'm working in Zoot and want to open the browser. No problem; Zoot does that w/o a hiccup but the browser (Vivaldi; excellent, BTW) interprets that as open a new window which is not actually a problem but I'm trying to figure out how I can open the browser in a new tab rather than a window. No biggie; probably have to do something on the Vivaldi side, but thought I'd ask here, as well. TIA

Tom Davis

Jun 11, 2024, 4:35:52 PMJun 11
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
I think you have to associate Vivaldi with .HTM files.  I know, that sounds weird, but I think that's what controls the behavior.

To associate your preferred browser with .HTM files on Windows 11, you can follow these steps:

  1. Open the Settings app by pressing WinKey+i on your keyboard, or search for “Settings” in the Start menu and click the app icon.
  2. In the Settings app, click on Apps in the sidebar, then select Default Apps.
  3. Scroll down and click on Choose defaults by file type.
  4. In the list that appears, find the .HTM and .HTML file types.
  5. Click on the current default application next to the file type.
  6. In the pop-up window, select the browser you want to use from the list.
  7. Confirm your choice and close the Settings window.