Reddit API

Dale

Jun 9, 2023, 11:55:46 AM6/9/23
to ZOOTERS
If I remember correctly. Zoot has the ability to pull from reddit. I am curious if Reddit's changes to the API is going to impact Zoot Software

Tom Davis

Jun 9, 2023, 11:22:43 PM6/9/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
If I remember correctly. Zoot has the ability to pull from reddit. I
am curious if Reddit's changes to the API is going to impact Zoot
Software

Fortunately, Zoot uses RSS to pull in Reddit posts.  My sympathies go out to the devs using the API who will lose many years of hard work, as I did with Twitter.

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
t...@zootsoftware.com

Dale

Jun 10, 2023, 8:39:39 AM6/10/23
to ZOOTERS

I see.  I thought about it because I saw a number of subreddits were going dark in protest.
Does zoot still pull from twitter?

Tom Davis

Jun 10, 2023, 4:56:53 PM6/10/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
Does zoot still pull from twitter?

I had to drop Twitter when Elon decided to charge $5,000 a month to access it.  I don't mind though - I only lost about a decade of work.  🫤  I hope he makes it to Mars soon.