Delete due date

Susan Gmeiner

Jun 26, 2023, 4:08:11 PM6/26/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
How do you remove the due date from a task.  I can change the  due date but I cannot get rid of it.

Susan

Brian Ross

Jun 26, 2023, 5:22:05 PM6/26/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
The only way I have found to remove the due date on a task is to assign the task to a folder that contains an action to remove the due date.  See below for the attributes of the action:

Modify: <Date Due>
On assignment
None | Remove Date

Nothing else has worked for me.

Brian

How do you remove the due date from a task.  I can change the  due date but I cannot get rid of it.

Susan

Tom Davis

Jun 26, 2023, 7:16:35 PM6/26/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
How do you remove the due date from a task. I can change the due date
but I cannot get rid of it.

Where are you trying to change the due date?

What happens if you click on the <Due Date> field, then delete the date and press ENTER?

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
t...@zootsoftware.com

Susan Gmeiner

Jun 27, 2023, 9:52:40 AM6/27/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! This looks great but it isn't working for me.  I'm sure there is a reason.  Will try to figure it out.

Tom Davis

Jun 27, 2023, 9:58:48 AM6/27/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
Two things to look into:

* Click the Related button on the toolbar (Alt+F6) to view the other folders to which an item is assigned.  Examine the folders to determine if any of them might have a folder action that is working on the <DueDate> field.

* Task databases typically have a "Find Date" folder that looks for a valid date in the SBJ of the item and adds that to the date field.  To see this folder, search the Folder Tree for "Find Date".  To search the folder tree, press Ctrl+Shift+T

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
t...@zootsoftware.com

Jun 27, 2023, 10:38:36 AM6/27/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
It looks like GTD  folders also have to be turned off.

Tom Davis

Jun 27, 2023, 3:54:35 PM6/27/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
It looks like GTD folders also have to be turned off.

That shouldn't be the case.  If you delete a <DueDate> Zoot should assign the item to the Review GTD folder, which does not require a due date.

Actually, that's another way to get rid of a due date:

Assign the item to the Review GTD folder.  The quickest way to do that is to press Alt+0  (zero).

Tom Davis

Jul 9, 2023, 4:55:15 PM7/9/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
It looks like GTD folders also have to be turned off.

Another bit to add to the GTD discussion:

You can turn on GTD folders and then hide all but the ones you want to use.  I have a bunch of databases in which I have just the Do Now folder visible.  That way I can use the Alt+1 key to add an item to the Do Now folder.

To hide folders in the tree, select the folders, then right-click and choose Tree | Hide Folder from the pop-up menu.

Susan Gmeiner

Jul 10, 2023, 9:49:48 AM7/10/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!   Alt+0  (zero) is great.