Where does Zoot put emails from an email account

Stephen

Oct 22, 2023, 8:15:25 AM10/22/23
to ZOOTERS
Apologies for a real beginners question:

I've been syncing Zoot with my the folders in my Outlook desktop app for a while, and that works well.

I was curious to try instead creating an email account from the Accounts menu. Suppose I do create an email account in Zoot. Where does Zoot put the emails from that account? In the mail database?

Jeffrey Riepl

Oct 22, 2023, 2:28:24 PM10/22/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com

Zoot will put the emails into the database in which you have entered the account info.

If you have more than one email account you could experiment with one email account in one of your Zoot DB's.  After you experience the look and feel of the results you can decide whether to leave the account as is, start a new DB, change the account to a different DB, or add more email accounts to the same  DB.

I am a long time user of Outlook (Office version) and it took me some time to accustom myself to the different look of email in Zoot.  It's just a different look than Outlook.

Jeffrey Riepl

Oct 22, 2023, 2:39:03 PM10/22/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com

Forgot to mention - The Help file for Zoot has a section with suggestions on how to use multiple email accounts in Zoot and with a smartphone so as to better organize your life.

Stephen

Oct 24, 2023, 6:49:45 AM10/24/23
to ZOOTERS
Thanks very much. I'll experiment with that and see whether I like the Zoot look and feel for email.