Text and background colours in Tasks database

Stephen

Oct 19, 2023, 12:36:28 PM10/19/23
to ZOOTERS
Experimenting with the latest version of Zoot. I find many of the combinations of text and background colours in the Themes make the next hard to read. This probably applies to all the databases, but I've been looking mainly at the Tasks database, with the folders in the left panel, the details of an item in the right panel and the list of items in the centre panel. With the Mustard theme the text in the centre panel is olive and when you move the focus to an item, the background is brown, and the combination is hard to read.

I know you can control the colours from the themez submenu, but which elements of the theme control the colours in this centre panel?

Tom Davis

Oct 24, 2023, 8:53:45 AM10/24/23
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
With these in between themes it can be hard to get the colors just right.  You need to work with the elements in that second drop down box shown below. These two control the main background/foreground:

Workspace | Back Color
Workspace | Text Color

And you might fiddle with the Highlight color also.

There may be folder actions in a database that change item color.  The Readings folder, for example, will change the item color to a yellowish foreground which may be hard to read, so you may want to change the color for that folder action to something easier to read.

There is less fussing around with themes like Frost and Domino (light themes) and Zorro and Vegas (dark themes).

Tom Davis
Zoot Software
t...@zootsoftware.com