Lost widgets after ICS upgrade

Lis Riba

Jul 20, 2012, 3:57:47 PM7/20/12
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
I had 3 zoom widgets on my phone: Two - a 1x1 and a 1x2 - were on my regular launcher. A third widget - 1x3 - was in my car dock (net.cwfk.ig88.carhome3)

After upgrading my phone to ICS, the widgets vanished.

The bigger problem, however, is that Add Widgets no longer gives the option for 1x2 and 1x3 Zoom widgets.

Multiple times, I've changed Zoom preferences regarding visible widget sizes and rebooted, toggling them every which way, but I cannot get those two to display. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled and tried restoring my pre-ICS backup from Titanium Backup.
But nothing has worked. The Add Widget list jumps right from 1x1 to 1x4.
And I can't restore my widgets if I can't add them.

Has anybody else experienced anything like this?
Any suggestions for restoring the ability to add those widgets?
My phone is rooted, so if the clue is in data/data/net.dinglisch.android.zoom or android system files, I have the ability to view them (and willingness to edit as needed)

Lis Riba

Jul 20, 2012, 4:32:06 PM7/20/12
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
A little more info to help with troubleshooting.

Before running the update, I backed up /data/data into a tarfile, just in case. So I've compared those files with my current ones.

/data/data/net.dinglisch.android.zoom/files/data.xml is almost entirely unchanged. A few dimensions here and there (heightPort; yPort) vary by a few pixels, but that's it.

/data/data/net.dinglisch.android.zoom/shared_prefs/net.dinglisch.android.zoom_preferences.xml includes
<boolean name="MyAppWidgetProviderOneByThree" value="true" />
<boolean name="MyAppWidgetProviderOneByTwo" value="true" />

In packages.xml,
<item name="net.dinglisch.android.zoom.MyAppWidgetProviderOneByThree" />
and <item name="net.dinglisch.android.zoom.MyAppWidgetProviderOneByTwo" />
are both in <enabled components>

I'm not sure where else the android system looks when compiling the Add Widgets list...

If there's any other info you need to know to help troubleshoot this, just ask.