Some problems creating a widget with tasker variables

JP

Oct 25, 2012, 5:37:55 AM10/25/12
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to create a dashboard that visually depicts the values ​​of volume (ringer, notifications, alarms ...) and screen brightness: I created the following:

IN ZOOM (Widget 4x1):

A switcher for every meter (contains 5 states, each pointing to a different image hosted on SD that shows a certain level)

IN TASKER:

A Profile that has:

1. A context of time (repeat 2 min) that triggers...

2. A task that includes the following actions:

-> State element zoom (Music Level.w / Ringer) New state = 5 if% VOLR = 7
-> State element zoom (Music Level.w / Ringer) New state = 4 if% VOLR <6
-> ...All the possibilities to %VOLR = 0 (Mute)

And now come the problems;-)

1. Tasker not run the task every 2 minutes, which the widget shows always the default state

2. If I run the task manually, takes to carry out an average of 2 seconds (check if-then, if-then ...) Should the possibility of a case of?

3. Using </> operators coincide more than one state (eg, value 3 = <4 and <6) What are running up?

4. If I change the volume using the side keys, could we see the change in the widget at the time? Perhaps with another context?

And now a question of design: Zoom elements have to be at least 40x40px?

Could anyone help me out?

Thanks!!

JP

JP

Oct 25, 2012, 10:15:21 AM10/25/12
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
Okay, the task is working properly, but as I said, it takes long time to complete.

The task has to check all the conditions (if then). I keep checking if I find a better solution.

Regards

JP

CodeMonkey

Oct 25, 2012, 5:11:58 PM10/25/12
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
Is it not possible to update segments of your dashboard based on events / changes?
I have an information-heavy 4x2 widget that displays Tasker-gathered values (location, weather, network info, etc). I drive that by reacting to the relevant data storage variable being set.
E.g. Tasker obtains the town I'm in (driven by other profiles and tasks) and sets my %LOCNAME global variable. The setting of this variable triggers a display update for that area of my widget only.

JP

Oct 30, 2012, 3:36:19 AM10/30/12
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
If, in fact I finally did so.
With the context "home", which activates wifi, low volume, low brightness've included in the list of actions to modify the state of the indicators of the widget. Same for the context "car", "night", "outdoor" ...

I am researching how to modify the widget states with manual actions, eg "lower the volume side keys"

Thanks for your help

JP