I've been invited to give a talk about OpenSeadragon and Zoomhub!

melinda

Oct 21, 2014, 5:58:19 PM10/21/14
to Zoomhub
Hi zoomers,

I met some of the SeattleJS folks today at a Seattle Startup week event (Ken will know them already- Carter Rabasa and Ryan Roemer). They asked me what I was working on, so I told them and gave them a little demo, and they were VERY EXCITED. They said that it'd make a good SeattleJS talk, and potentially even a good CascadiaJS talk.

Would anyone have any objections to me giving that talk, and would any of you like to co-present? It'd be on November 13th:http://www.meetup.com/seattlejs/events/204999412/

I'm normally busy on Thursdays, but I'm conveniently available that week.

Melinda
signature.asc

Ian Gilman

Oct 22, 2014, 2:04:06 PM10/22/14
to Melinda Minch, Zoomhub
Sounds awesome! Go for it :-)

You might try connecting with Daniel beforehand to get his take on the server-side stuff. I'm happy to chime in on the OpenSeadragon side (hopefully I can make it to the meetup).

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man

Daniel Gasienica

Oct 22, 2014, 5:18:02 PM10/22/14
to Ian Gilman, Melinda Minch, Zoomhub
Indeed, sounds great, Melinda! I am not sure I’ll be able to attend as I have soccer on Thursdays but let me know if you have any questions regarding the backend.

Cheers,
Daniel

melinda

Oct 23, 2014, 5:28:37 PM10/23/14
to Daniel Gasienica, Ian Gilman, Zoomhub
Thanks, guys! Here’s my talk proposal: https://github.com/seattlejs/seattlejs/issues/24

Suggestions about stuff to talk about are definitely welcome, and I’ll probably be following up with questions.

Melinda
signature.asc

Ian Gilman

Oct 24, 2014, 12:56:02 PM10/24/14
to Melinda Minch, Daniel Gasienica, Zoomhub
Looks great to me!

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man

Aseem Kishore

Nov 2, 2014, 12:48:01 PM11/2/14
to Ian Gilman, Melinda Minch, Daniel Gasienica, Zoomhub
Same — good luck Melinda! =)