Likelihood of Zoomit ever returning?

Ben Frawley

Jun 26, 2015, 10:41:16 PM6/26/15
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
I was a regular and avid user of Zoomit in the past.
I keep check back to see whats happening, but sadly things seem to have stalled.
Is Zoomit ever likely to return?
I'd host a site myself if I knew how. With the rightsetop I can see Zoomit as a great web site.
Its only problem before was not been able to search other peoples submissions. If that was enabled I really think it has potential.

Looking forward to its return.

Benny

Ian Gilman

Jun 29, 2015, 12:47:53 PM6/29/15
to Ben Frawley, zoo...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

Yes, I think we all wish it were going quicker, but we’re also torn with other commitments.

At any rate, here is the current ball in play:

Once that patch has landed, we will hopefully be able to convert images manually on a case by case basis. The next step will be automatic conversion of the existing content, and the next will be to accept new image URLs.

Are you up for being involved in the development? I’m happy to help get you up to speed. Or if you want to try hosting it yourself, I can help answer questions.

Best,

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man