Is it possible to use the touchscreen for drawing and keep the mouse as a navigational tool?

Dave Treweek

Nov 18, 2014, 10:07:44 AM11/18/14
to zoo...@googlegroups.com
As above.  This would be incredibly useful.  I would like to use this for technical analysis and it would be an excellent way of drawing trend lines and annotating charts.  The mouse could then be used for navigating between the charts.  Would need some way of using the touchscreen to clear off unwanted drawings.

Ian Gilman

Nov 19, 2014, 12:10:51 PM11/19/14
to Dave Treweek, zoo...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

ZoomHub doesn't have a feature like that, and it's outside of ZoomHub's scope. You could theoretically write something like that with OpenSeadragon if you wanted to, using OpenSeadragon's overlays feature for the drawings. You'd have to capture the mouse events and convert them into SVG lines. You can learn more about OpenSeadragon here:

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man