Does it work with a laptop? (ZoomFloppy looks like a PCB!)

BAwesomeDesign

Dec 11, 2020, 5:13:14 PM12/11/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
Hi,

Sorry, I haven't been able to quickly find information on whether or not the ZoomFloppy works with just a standard laptop. Also haven't seen any FAQ.

It looks like a PCB which makes me think it needs to be plugged into a motherboard... and that's not what I'm looking for. Will it just work plugging it into a free port on my laptop via the USB cable?

Thanks and sorry for the hassle!

Chad.

RETRO Innovations

Dec 11, 2020, 5:18:14 PM12/11/20
to zoomflop...@googlegroups.com
On 12/11/2020 4:13 PM, BAwesomeDesign wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry, I haven't been able to quickly find information on whether or
> not the ZoomFloppy works with just a standard laptop. Also haven't
> seen any FAQ.
>
> It looks like a PCB which makes me think it needs to be plugged into a
> motherboard... and that's not what I'm looking for. Will it just work
> plugging it into a free port on my laptop via the USB cable?

It plugs into USB, so will work on a laptop.

Jim

BAwesomeDesign

Dec 11, 2020, 5:31:39 PM12/11/20
to ZoomFloppy Users