Safe way to quit out of d64copy if drive hangs

BAwesomeDesign

Dec 18, 2020, 6:36:42 PM12/18/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
Just what it reads like.

Just got the ZoomFloppy and it is working its magic. However, one of the disks was pretty hosed. I had my device 9 attached to it, and it hung on track 35 or so. I had to quit out of the command prompt, but that caused the disk to be out of alignment or something. Luckily I still have device 8 running... but I don't want this to happen again.

Thanks for any suggestions.

BAwesomeDesign

Dec 18, 2020, 6:40:21 PM12/18/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
Seems like this happened again, only I unplugged the USB port... which caused d64copy to quit. Then I took out the offending disk, cycled power, and it was fine on the next disk.

Spiro Trikaliotis

Dec 19, 2020, 5:52:26 AM12/19/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
Hello,

* On Fri, Dec 18, 2020 at 03:36:42PM -0800 BAwesomeDesign wrote:

> Just got the ZoomFloppy and it is working its magic. However, one of the disks
> was pretty hosed. I had my device 9 attached to it, and it hung on track 35 or
> so. I had to quit out of the command prompt, but that caused the disk to be out
> of alignment or something. Luckily I still have device 8 running... but I don't
> want this to happen again.

Did you try Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Break? Which OS (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD,
MacOS X)?

Regards,
Spiro.

--
Spiro R. Trikaliotis
https://spiro.trikaliotis.net/

BAwesomeDesign

Dec 19, 2020, 8:22:23 AM12/19/20
to ZoomFloppy Users
Hi. I didn't use those commands--I was unaware that these would safely break. (Windows 10 btw)

I did try ESC and CTRL+ESC, but that didn't work.

Thank you!

Uffe Jakobsen

Dec 20, 2020, 8:47:56 AM12/20/20
to zoomflop...@googlegroups.com

On 19/12/2020 14.22, BAwesomeDesign wrote:
> Hi. I didn't use those commands--I was unaware that these would
safely break. (Windows 10 btw)

> I did try ESC and CTRL+ESC, but that didn't work.

@BAwesomeDesign: So what did you do ?

Precise description is needed for the developer to relate your problems
to the code...

> On Saturday, December 19, 2020 at 3:52:26 AM UTC-7 Spiro Trikaliotis
wrote:

> Did you try Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Break? Which OS (Windows, Linux,
> FreeBSD,
> MacOS X)?

/Uffe

BAwesomeDesign