[ZONET] Re: {TONGSAN} In loving Memory of Dr. F.K. Lehman [1 Attachment]

Cope Suan Pau copespau@yahoo.com [zomi]

Apr 19, 2016, 3:34:29 AM4/19/16
to ton...@googlegroups.com, Zonet groups-mail, zomic...@yahoogroups.com, Zozum, Zomi Daily, Lian Uk

[Attachment(s) from Cope Suan Pau included below]

Feeling sorry for hearing the news of the decease of Dr. Lehman, I would like to comment nothing but "a strongman's full life"!

I had correspondence with him some years earlier talking about to having more and detailed research on the cultural anthropology of the other Chin tribes beside the Haka areas he did and published a book, namely, "The Structure of Chin Society" that covers only on the scope of Lai People in Haka and Thanthlang areas. Nevertheless, I feel sad that he showed less interest. To Lehman, "Chin Society" seems to be only the Lai people who speak Lai-hawlh owing their own Lai culture.

R.I.P!

With best wishes,

Dr. Cope

Rev. Dr. Philip Cope Suan Pau, Th.M., Th.D.
Executive Director:
MMM: Myanmar Missions Mobilization
ARMS: All Racial Mission Studies
Yangon, Myanmar
Cell: 95-92-5408-2868
       95-92-5396-6234

On Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:26 AM, Lian UK <li...@verizon.net> wrote:

Dear all:
This is a message in loving Memory of Dr. F. K. Lehman  to all the friends of his  far and near to intimate you the passing away of Dr. Frederick Kris Lehman, Emeritus Professor of Illinois University, Champaign-Urbana, USA at the age of 92 though he was still so strong at his age working normally as I could understand him.
He and his wife Sheila Lehman   whom we call her “NuNu” lovingly in Chin language, came to Chin State in 1957 which was then Chin Special Division. I first met them at Haka town which has now also been the capital of Chin State.
My intimate friend Albert Siamkima Khawlhring was also their friend whom they picked up at Tahan Kalaymyo then on their way to Haka. Might be he was so cute coming out of nowhere suddenly there asking them as “Do thou have English book?” and would use sodium chloride if he wanted to say common table salt then.
               Siamkima and I were high school students at that time and were so pleased to be with them. He taught us Chin national songs like “Par mawi thang vulna” and “Kan Zotlang ramnuam” and I taught also another Chin national song “A hmeram Laitlang” –our Chin Hills”. We usually sang those songs jointly then when it was tiresome and boring.
My niece Biakhnemsui, a local talented singer in the Chin community of Indianapolis city performed the song “Par mawi thang vulna” in remembrance and celebration of Kris life during Kris Memorial service as it was the song Dr. F.K. Lehman usually liked it. It was composed of many numerous flowers in the Chin highland.
I started working in Kris’s anthropological Research work out of which he published the book “The Structure of Chin society. It is this book, I believe, through which academicians in Anthropological Research field have known him worldwide.
I was also sadly at the funeral of my boyhood friend Pu Siamkima Khawlhring at Aizawl in 1992 at the time he was Director of Education in the Mizoram State Government after he graduated in MA (English) from University of Illinois, USA. Mizoram is a western Chinland in that name.
Dr.F.K. Lehman  was widely known by the Chins and their related people in Burma as well as in the North East India   as the author of the book  “The Structure of Chin Society” which covers all  about the Chins and their related people there. It is also  taken as an important book on Chins reenforcing the existence of Chins as a people with distinct language and culture in the definite boundary of territory once demarcated by the British under Chin Hills Regulation 1896 recognized once by the International law for it was a law of the British Empire.
The Chins and their related  people will remember him for ever more as long as the book “The Structure of Chin Society” last long in the world Libraries.
You may please see his obituary and picture in Loving Memory in the attachment. Lnk.

--
"T-Tongsan sim Thuthak sim"

Zomi sungah Thukizakna pan kimeltheihna, khat le khat kihuh/ kipanpihna le minam kipumkhatna pianna ding banah Zolai itna, zuunnopna le Kepcingnopna lungsim akhan semsemna ding ngimna tawh kiphuankhia ton...@googlegroups.com le www.tongsan.org te pan nisim, hunsim in thutak tuamtuam kisim thei den hi.

Tua banah hih Tongsan Group ah member alut nuamte Minpi, khualui le tulaitak omna Address cihte akiciantak a piak kei leh Tongsan Group member dingin kisanglo hi.

Note: Tongsan Group tawh kisai Thukhun kician i neih mah bangin, Group tawh kisai hici zawdeuh leh cih ngaihsut piaknopna a neite le thuthak (News) le Thului (Article) apuak nuamte in Tongsan Tanute (tongsan...@gmail.com)tungah ngaihsutpiakna kineithei den hi.

All rights reserved.

Tongsan Media Group ii hiang khat ahi Tongsan Mailing Group ah thukikupnate khempeuh Tongsan tanute in panpihlo-a, tua kikupnate in lai khahkhia member mimal/kipawlnate muhna le kuppihna hi den ding hi.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tongsan Weekly" group.

__._,_.___

Attachment(s) from Cope Suan Pau | View attachments on the web

1 of 1 File(s)

Posted by: Cope Suan Pau <cope...@yahoo.com>
The views and opinions posted or commented in ZONET do not necessarily reflect the policy of Zomi International Network. The authors will be responsible for misinformation, inaccuracies in their own posts.

The mission of Zomi International Network is to inform,inspire and involve Zomi around the world in building a healthy and prosperous nation. For more information about ZoNet, please visit us online.

ZoNet Official Website
http://www.zomi.org

Thuthang tuamtuam Zokam in kingelhna
http://www.zogamnuam.com