ZS Announcements - January 2010

zombi...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2010, 11:41:55 AM1/14/10
to Zombie Squad
In this email:

I. Haiti Earth Quake
II. ZS Charity Drive
III. General Announcements
IV. Upcoming events by Chapter

-- I Haiti Earth Quake

As you all know, a quake measured at 7.0 on the Richter scale hit
Haiti this week.

The hearts of the ZS community go out to the victims and the aid
workers struggling through this disaster. As the news rolls in we're
finding more and more about how horrible the catastrophe is and how
painful the conditions are for those trying to survive through it.

I know times are tough for all of us right now but it's no where near
as tough as they are for the Haitian people. PLEASE donate what you
can. They need our help!

Many of you have sent us emails and messages asking if ZS is going to
host a charity drive for this disaster. Unfortunately, we have a
charity drive going on at the moment (see below) and we do not have
the resources to run a second drive concurrently.

However, Red Cross and Save the Children are two of the major
charities responding and both are listed as options for our drive.
Due to the recent disaster, if you have already donated to the drive
and you wish to change your vote, drop us an email to
cha...@zombiehunters.org and let me know who you are and how you want
your vote changed.

Where ever you decide to donate, please investigate before you give.
There are a lot of of scam artists out there who like to use this
opportunity to take advantage of the selflessness of others.

-- II ZS Charity Drive

As mentioned above, ZS is currently hosting a charity drive. The
difference between this drive and other drives we have hosted is that
we are giving the donors an opportunity to decide where the donations
end up.

Details can be found here: http://zombiehunters.org/charity2009.php

As always, every penny raised from this drive will be donated directly
to the charity. All administration fees, electronic money transfer
fees, shipping, dog tags, and all other costs incurred by this drive
will be paid for by Zombie Squad, Inc. (Thanks to ZS supporting
members and t-shirt sales)

No, you do not have to participate in the shooting match to
participate in the donation drive.

Thank you for your help. Please contact us at
cha...@zombiehunters.org if you have any questions.

-- III General Announcements

We have a new Facebook page to keep up on what ZS is up to:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zombie-Squad/212747005624

Zombie Squad is going to be hosting its "Zombie Survival" disaster
seminar at a few Sci-fi conventions coming up:

- Vision Con sci-fi./fantasy Convention on Jan 22-23, 2010
http://www.visioncon.net/ in Springfield, MO

- Xanadu sci-fi/horror convention on March 27-28, 2010 in Las Vegas,
NV

Zombie Con will run from Wed June 23rd to Sun June 27th this year.
Registration will be opening up later this month. Details will be
available here: http://zombiehunters.org/zombiecon/zombiecon2010.php

New limited edition Zombie Squad T-Shirts are selling fast. Stop by
the store to buy yours today: http://zombiehunters.org/cart/

-- IV Upcoming Events

We've grown to 14 official chapters so far with more coming later this
month. Visit the Chapters section of the website to find out if
there's a chapter near you, and when their chapter meeting is being
held.

More updated information can be found here about chapter events/
meetings: http://zombiehunters.org/calendar.php

Events in New York (ZSC 007):

02/11 - 02/14 New York 2010 Winter Camping Trip @ Polliwog Pond, NY

Details can be found here:
http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=54450
http://www.sheffspace.com/zs/nny2010wct.html

Contact zsc...@zombiehunters.org to sign up.

To contact a chapter representative, e-mail: zsc...@zombiehunters.org
Chapter forum: http://zombiehunters.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=75

For more details check out the ZS event calendar:
http://zombiehunters.org/calendar.php

You can find out more about chapters in your community, upcoming
events, and how to start a chapter of your own at
http://zombiehunters.org/chapters/index.php

Thanks to all of our members and chapters for helping Zombie Squad
continue to grow!

Zombie Squad, Inc
P.O. BOX 63124
ST. LOUIS, MO. 63163