Donate to Zombie Squad's Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Relief Drive!

Zombie Squad

May 28, 2013, 8:48:07 AM5/28/13
to zombi...@googlegroups.com

http://zombiehunters.org/oklahoma2013.php

On May 20th, a rare EF5 tornado touched down in Moore, Oklahoma, carving a path of destruction nearly 17 miles across the town. Winds at speeds of nearly 250 miles per hour tore through neighborhoods, pulverized homes and businesses, and left 27 people dead before it was over. Today, thousands of people are homeless, sifting through the rubble without the essential goods and services they need.
Recovery for Moore and its residents will take a lot of time, money, and resources. But they won't have to do it alone.

Every Zombie Squad member knows that being prepared for a disaster - zombie apocalypse or otherwise - is just the first step when it comes to safety and survival. Being able to band together, rebuild communities, and provide assistance after the worst has happened is just as essential as any bug out bag in your closet or car. That's why Zombie Squad is proud to announce that we'll be continuing our long history of fundraising efforts by helping the people of Moore rebuild.

Starting May 24th, ZS will be collecting monetary donations for the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma. Since 1980, they have been providing food and goods to soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and community pantries across the state. The funds collected through this drive will be restricted to helping the people of Moore, Oklahoma receive the food and water they need during this time of crisis.
Please note that 100% of your donation will be sent to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma, which is directly providing meals, water, and other essentials to those who have been affected by the storm. Zombie Squad will be covering any and all administration costs associated with your donation, including fees, postage, and the cool stuff we send you. So, every cent of your donation will go where it's needed.

If you'd rather donate directly, or to another charity, that's great! Helping out in your own way is just as awesome as doing it through Zombie Squad. If you do choose to make a donation during this fund drive though, we'll thank you in a few ways:

- Everyone who donates $20 or more gets a limited edition ZS/Moore Relief dog tag to show how awesome they are.

- Members of our forums will get a special drive-related banner under your avatar, further demonstrating your awesomeness.

- The first 50 donors who give $75 or more will receive a "Thank You" gift from the ZS vault. This vault contains movie posters, books, DVDs, and random weird stuff donated by businesses that have chosen to support our mission - some of which is signed by people more famous than us. Not like cars or tanks or anything, though. Mostly stuff. Probably some patches and flags. STILL AWESOME, THOUGH. Here's some of what we have so far and new things are added every day so check back for updated:  http://zombiehunters.org/ok-donations.php

- Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma and the host of this charity drive (Zombie Squad International) are both 501c3 non-profit charitable organizations so your donation may be tax deductible! You should probably consult your tax advisor.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE: http://zombiehunters.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=26

This fund drive will end June 30th or we reach $10,000.00. We'd like to challenge each of our chapters to raise as much money as they can for this event. This is our opportunity to show what the country's premiere locomotive cadaver extermination force can do to make our world a better place. Other than the zombie stuff, of course.

Thank you for your help. If you have any questions at all regarding this relief fund raiser, please don't hesitate to email us at cha...@zombiehunters.org.