Zombie Squad Super Typhoon Haiyan Relief Drive

Zombie Squad

Jan 5, 2014, 3:03:08 AM1/5/14
to zombi...@googlegroups.com

Donate: http://www.zombiehunters.org/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=33

On November 7th, 2013, Super Typhoon Haiyan made landfall in the Philippine Islands. With sustained winds of 167mph, this was a category 5 equivalent storm and the largest storm to ever hit the island nation. Over 5,000 casualties have been reported. Some cities are 90% destroyed. Relief efforts have been hampered due to damage to ports and infrastructure.

Recovery for the Philippines and its residents will take a lot of time, money, and resources. But they won't have to do it alone.

Every Zombie Squad member knows that being prepared for a disaster - zombie apocalypse or otherwise - is just the first step when it comes to safety and survival. Being able to band together, rebuild communities, and provide assistance after the worst has happened is just as essential as any bug out bag in your closet or car. That's why Zombie Squad is proud to announce that we'll be continuing our long history of fundraising efforts by helping bring relief to the people of the Philippines.

Starting December 3rd, ZS will be collecting monetary donations for the Philippine Red Cross. With roots that go back to before Philippine independence, the Philippine Red Cross has been providing blood services, disaster management services, community health services, and disaster relief to the island nation for over 65 years.

Please note that 100% of your donation will be sent to the Philippine Red Cross, which is currently hauling away debris, providing medical supplies and services, and tetanus vaccinations to the affected. Zombie Squad will be covering any and all administration costs associated with your donation, including fees, postage, and the cool stuff we send you. So, every cent of your donation will go where it's needed.

If you'd rather donate directly, or to another charity, that's great! Helping out in your own way is just as awesome as doing it through Zombie Squad. If you do choose to make a donation during this fund drive though, we'll thank you in a few ways:

* The first 100 people who donate $25 or more get a limited edition ZS/Haiyan Relief dog tag to show how awesome they are.
* Members of our forums will get a special drive-related banner under your avatar, further demonstrating your awesomeness.
* Zombie Squad International is a 501c3 non-profit charitable organization so your donation may be tax deductible.