Dragon Con

1 view

ZS

Jun 25, 2009, 10:55:09 PM6/25/09
to zombi...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks!  In case you haven't seen the post in the forum or received prior updates, Zombie Squad will be performing it's newest zombocalypse survival "seminar" at Dragon Con again this year.  We'd love to have you all join us in Atlanta, Georgia as we party it up at this major sci-fi and general nerdery convention.  Our seminar is looking pretty sweet right now and you'll want to see it for sure.

Some things to remember:

Hey folks, just a reminder that Zombie Squad is still going to Dragon Con.  We'd love to have you go with us and come to see our presentation at the con.  If you've never been to Dragon Con, it's a crazy time that makes Archon seem like a house party without Kid n' Play to bring the hijinx.

Just a few points to review:

To see the seminar, hang with us, or just get around the con, you will need to buy a membership for the con.   I've paid at the door before and it sucks since the line goes around the block and Atlanta is pretty damn hot. So get a membership here:  http://www.dragoncon.org/members.php#DC_Memb

You'll need a hotel room.  Do not plan on just crashing with somebody once you get to Atlanta.  Feel free to use the ZS discussion forum to find folks to share your room with or see who else may want to pool some expenses.  The main hotels are full except for some rooms which will be freed up by the con as guests cancel.  There are a number of other hotels close to the convention though (within a block or three), a Google search of the area shows many more options.

You'll need transportation to Atlanta.  A group of us will probably caravan from St. Louis on September 3.  Again, feel free to offer to drive or inquire about carpooling with other ZS members in your area.

If you are planning on going, email me at ch...@zombiehunters.org.  I'll get you contact information so you can hook up with  other ZSers at the convention.  It'll be a great time!

Hope to see you there.  Also, this is a step towards heightened ZS presence at conventions around the country.  So if there's a moderately priced convention in your area that you think ZS would be a good fit for, please email the information.

Chris Cyr
ZS HQ