RelStorage and Encryption and PostgreSQL (plone 5.2 python3)

Niels Steen Krogh

Jan 19, 2022, 10:18:39 AM1/19/22
to zodb

We are looking into encryption of the PostgreSQL - but for now not sure what should be best approach and how it could impact performance.

Also not sure if this is the right place to ask.

We already have "encryption at rest" related the full Unix filesystem.

Did any of you combine RelStorage and pgcrypto?
Did any of you combine RelStorage and encryption from cybertec:

Asked same question here:

https://community.plone.org/t/relstorage-and-encryption-and-postgresql-plone-5-2-python3/14710

Please note that it is bad practice - and potentially against national regulation - to send personally identifiable information, e.g., national identity numbers (e.g., SSN, NHS or CPR numbers) via unencrypted email. Please use project provided IDs instead if possible or if in doubt contact us before sending potentially sensitive patient information.