Bug with the "$" symbol in Zettel Notes

Edward

Aug 7, 2024, 4:12:12 PMAug 7
to Zettel Notes
Hi Support, I've noticed that in the latest update of your software you've updated the USD symbol (Unicode: U+0024) so ​​that the text is displayed in a different way than the original, such as the bold and italic effects. However, since I use this symbol a lot, I've noticed that the text has changed without me intending to do so, since when I put; "$Example$" the text changes when viewed from the observer's point of view, however this also happens when I write; "$Example . $" even with the spaces the effect continues to be applied to the text, which does not happen with "*" or "**".
If you can modify that it would be a great relief for me to be able to see things more clearly. I appreciate the fact that you have developed such an application, since it is very useful and complete, and I have been using it for 3 years. Keep up the good work! Greetings

Rohit Sharma

Aug 9, 2024, 2:10:48 PMAug 9
to Zettel Notes
Hey,

I have added settings option to disable this feature. (single dollar inline latex parsing).

Regards,
Rohit

Edward

Aug 9, 2024, 6:28:23 PMAug 9
to Zettel Notes
Hey Rohit, could you tell me the route I should follow in the application to reach that setting? I've been searching in the app and videos on your YouTube channel but I can't find the location of the setting. Can you attach a screenshot or video so I can see it faster?

Rohit Sharma

Aug 11, 2024, 8:14:18 AMAug 11
to Zettel Notes
I apologize for the confusion. This feature will be available in the upcoming update v2.6.7.

Edward

Aug 12, 2024, 11:15:23 AMAug 12
to Zettel Notes
Understood, thanks for the clarification, waiting for the update.